Christmas roasts and a whole lot of partying may have left you full and sluggish! If you’re looking for a sweet treat which is healthy and delicious, look no further than our Banana and Carrot muffins! Easy to make and impressive when served, this shall keep the calories off this festive season!
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 banana, mashed
1/3 cup milk
2 tbs honey
1 carrot, grated
1. Preheat oven to 180ºc, line a 6-hole, 1/3-cup capacity muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Place 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour in a large bowl.
3. Combine 1 banana, mashed with 1 egg, 1/3 cup milk and 2 tbs honey.
4. Add to flour mixture with 1 grated carrot and stir to combine.
5. Divide between cases. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool.
Delicious muffins are served!
Grated veg is easily hidden in these muffins. Make a batch on the weekend and freeze.