Let’s admit it, Thai food is a guilty pleasure. And while the cuisine is based on sustainable eating, we do get carried away on our Thai food nights! Here’s a great healthy recipe that will satisfy your cravings without packing on the pounds!
– 2-1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
– 2 chicken breasts (14oz,) cut into bite-sized pieces
– Salt and pepper
– 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled then spiralized using the thinnest blade, – noodles slightly trimmed
– 2 cups (4oz) broccoli florets
– 1/4 cup water
– Toppings: chopped peanuts, green onions, chopped cilantro
For the Thai peanut sauce:
– 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
– 3 Tablespoons gluten-free chicken broth
– 1-1/2 Tablespoons low-sodium gluten-free Tamari or soy sauce
– 1/2 Tablespoon rice vinegar
– 1 teaspoon gluten-free chili garlic sauce (or more)
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil
– 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1 clove garlic, minced
1. Whisk together Thai peanut sauce ingredients then set aside.
2. Add 1/2 Tablespoon oil to a large, 12″ skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken then season with salt and pepper and saute until cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate then set aside.
3. Turn heat down to a little above medium then add remaining 2 Tablespoons oil. Add sweet potato noodles and broccoli, season with salt and pepper, then saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water then saute until noodles are al dente, another 3-5 minute (if you like a softer sweet potato continue cooking but know that the noodles will break up a bit.) Add chicken back into the skillet along with the Thai peanut sauce then toss until the noodles are well coated and everything is heated through. Scoop into bowls then serve with toppings.