A wonderful gourmet concoction of creamy pesto, chicken and spinach served with a healthy side salad – another of-of 3 And A Half’s masterchefs delectable recipes.
– 2 Table Spoons Olive Oil
– 2 Cloves Garlic Chopped
– 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
– 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
– 1 (4.5 ounces) package dry Alfredo sauce mix
– 2 tablespoons pesto
– 1 (8 ounces) package dry penne pasta
– 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, saute for 1 minute; then add chicken and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side. When chicken is close to being cooked through (no longer pink inside), add spinach and saute all together for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare Alfredo sauce according to package directions. When finished, stir in 2 tablespoons pesto; set aside.
3. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain.
4. Add chicken/spinach mixture to pasta, then stir in pesto/Alfredo sauce. Mix well, top with cheese and serve.